Whether packing for a trip or just organizing your closet, space-saving ideas come in handy, just like how to fold efficiently. That’s when everyone wants to adopt methods to fold clothes military style.
It is the best time to learn how to fold t-shirts military style. It can help you make the most out of your luggage on your next flight or organize your cabinets at home.
Let’s continue reading to learn everything you need to make your shirts look great and sharp like you are in the military!
Table of Contents
Ways to Fold T-shirts Military Style
You might have heard of the rolled T-shirt technique from people who prefer rolling t-shirts for packing and might have been quite curious about how they do it.
In this section, you will learn two methods to produce an army roll shirt called ranger rolls. You may even make your own T-shirt roll technique derived from these methods by tweaking a few steps here and there to your liking.
Here are the two methods on how you can fold your T-shirts:
Ranger Roll Shirt Method 1
- Step 1: Lay your shirt on your bed or the floor.
To fold a shirt military style, you should first find a level surface on which the fold may be precisely aligned.
Also, the front of the shirt should be positioned facing you before .
- Step 2: From the bottom of the shirt, fold up to make a cuff.
Here’s how you do it: fold roughly 2 -3 inches of the lower edge of the shirt.
Then, fix the edges and if there are creases, flatten them neatly.
- Step 3: Fold the right and left sides.
Choose whatever side you are most comfortable folding first. Take the right side of the shirt, including the sleeve, and fold it neatly towards the center.
Repeat the technique on the left side of your t-shirt, ensuring that your clothing is now one neat piece ready to roll.
- Step 4: Fold and roll.
Make sure when you fold your t-shirt, it is tight and neat. Once they are intact, start rolling your shirt from the collar down to the end of your t-shirt.
Check once more for creases and ensure that there are none.
- Step 5: After rolling t-shirts for packing, you can proceed to tuck it neatly in your suitcase or cabinet.
Remember to make all the edges of the t-shirt even, which is an essential step when you fold clothes navy style.
Ranger Roll Shirt Method 2
- Step 1: Bring out your shirt and lay it down neatly on the floor, trying to flatten it as much as you can before folding.
- Step 2: Fold the left side first. To about 1/3 of the width so when you fold the right, your shirt will be in one big rectangle.
After you fold the left side of the t-shirt, take the left sleeve and fold it all together.
- Step 3: Fold the right side. Together with its sleeve, fold the right part of your t-shirt over the left fold. As you did with the left sleeve, fold the right sleeve over itself.
- Step 4: Keep the folding as tight as possible, as that’s how you precuely military fold t shirt. You have to roll the shirt until it overlaps the cuff to have a neat fold in the end.
- Step 5: Roll the cuff over the rolled t-shirt by folding it inside out. And that’s how you make the rolled shirt.
Frequently Asked Question
How can you fold Long Sleeve Shirts
Folding long sleeves is one of the most challenging pieces of clothing to fold because of how long the sleeves are. In the opinion of others, the easiest way to keep your long sleeve shirts wrinkle-free is to hang them up.
However, you can’t hang it around if there is a lack of space in the cabinets or when traveling. To military fold a long sleeve shirt, follow these two methods:
Method 1: Long Sleeve Shirt Fold
- Step 1: Iron your shirt first to get rid of any creases. Then, place your button-up shirt neatly on a flat surface.
- Step 2: Fold the sleeves at the shoulder seam, crossing one over the other. Keep them about the collar line towards the center to be able to neatly fold it later.
- Step 3: Make a cuff by folding about three inches of the lower edge of the long-sleeve shirt, just like the previous methods.
- Step 4: Fold one side to about ⅓ of the way, then the other over it.
- Step 5: From the neckline, fold the long sleeve shirt twice, equally dividing it into three, overlapping the cuff you made.
- Step 6: Insert the tip of the folded section into the cuff to make an army fold shirt.
Method 2: Long Sleeve Shirt Ranger Roll
In this part, you will learn how to military fold a long sleeve shirt. It is technically similar to ranger rolling up t-shirts, but bigger with longer sleeves.
Follow Steps 1 and 2 from the previous ranger roll method.
- Step 3: Fold one side to about one-third of the way, then the other side over it.
- Step 4: Roll the long sleeve shirt from the collar and keep it as tight as possible until it overlaps the cuff you made.
- Step 5: Wrap the rolled-up section by everting the cuff to make a neat military shirt roll.
How to fold clothes Navy style?
Check out the conveinet methods to fold everything, from your shirt, pants, and shorts, down to your socks with this video.
There are countless ways of folding clothes, to each their own. Even a military shirt roll has different variations in how to do it, usually derived from other methods.
Just go with what you are comfortable with and which you find easiest to do, and you’ll be finished organizing your clothes in no time.
Now that you know how to fold t-shirts military style, you might find yourself browsing for things like “military fold shorts” or “military fold bed”, check out more practical methods in our blog.
John Cotton is Safecallnow’s copywriter. He is an authority on research and reviews. He is responsible for locating information and guidance on riot and disturbance control equipment, training equipment, correctional products, watch house products, tactical equipment, government regulation information, and more. His work guarantees a high level of proficiency and authority.